Saturday, September 30, 2006

been there... done that?

So have you been to Google lately?? I don't mean have you used Google lately. I don't go to Google very much any more it is integrated into everything. My Mac browsers have Google search engines built right in. My PC has a Google toolbar and a Google desktop. I have Google Earth for my maps. Even the Brain Flatulence has a site flavoured Google search engine (OK, I guess I got rid of it during one of my last updates - as I just realized it's not here anymore). Google has become ubiquitous. So why visit www.google.com? The only time I visit Google is when I am at work where they don't let you have the modern conveniences of the download.

Google now has a personalized page. Just click on the personalize this page at the top right corner. There are hundreds, if not thousands of "gadgets" to personalize your Google page. I have the Comics Foxtrot and Non Sequitur at the top of my page followed by some cool photos, weird news, CFL news, normal news, some quotes, my gmail, PacMan and a whole lot of other weird stuff.

So go ahead and revisit an old friend.

1 comment:

Jerry Bowley said...

I've been using the Google Personalized Homepage for a LONG time now... It's one of the greatest things ever! All the little tidbits that I might need to see as soon as I launch my browser are right there. It saves a pile of time, doesn't it?

Go Google!