Thursday, August 24, 2006

thud (en francais - thud)

OK did I hear the tranny drop out of the Alouette machine? Man why are we playing on Thursday????????????????? How do you drive from Surrey to the fridge at home (45 minutes away) when you get off work at 4:45 and the game starts at 4:30? WHY THURSDAY? So I missed half of the trick plays. The only thing missing from the playbook tonight was the flea flicker.

OK boys I haven't put my 2 bits in on the 'Riders yet. WOW.... why Roy? It's not like the GM didn't put together a good team. The problem is they haven't produced. Were my Green and White readers not commenting earlier this season that the 'Riders are going to rock the CFL? The GM did his job.

Here is my prediction: ET is going to do a good job (he always does), but Kent Austin will be the Coach if not this year then next year. The only way that Danny will be back is if the 'Riders make it to the Grey Cup (win or lose).

It looks like Ottawa will be a go for next season. The only question is if they will be the Rough Riders or the non Rough Riders. Horn Chen - How the Grinch Stole Ottawa.

Sorry Gorilla Girl if you didn't understand a thing I wrote. I will post a little Ronan stuff for you to enjoy.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks Todd....I never understood football and probably never will. I have gone to a game or two, but it's all about people watching and hot dogs for me.

Anonymous said...

It's so tempting to just leaving anon comments just to keep the thread going.... but I will resist. The stamps looked incredible last night - or maybe MON just looked horrible - you gotta love when they just keep bringing out the trick plays - it should be mandatory to have at least 2 a game or something. What's the deal with the "ineligible reciever" call on the fake FG though? Me no comprende - we don't have that problem in hockey. Re the riders - I also thought it would be Danny who would be fired, but it sounds like Roy took on the President/CEO and lost...

T said...

Hey Gorilla Girl - Actually when I go to a Lion's game it's all about the hot dogs too

Tim - So here's what I understand was the penalty. Any player with the numbers 40-59 are ineligable, but he did not have one of those numbers. But you can also tell the Ref before the game other ineligble numbers - which I am assuming Calgary did. He lined up outside of the tackles so therefore he can catch the ball which makes him an ineligable receiver. But, it was a running play and he was not down field, so I don't know why it was called.

Eric said...

I am not a fan of ET and I fear what he may do to my precious Riders. I was in shock hearing that Roy was fired but after the talk they had at the game about how Roy stood up to managment, your comment sounds correct. I guess that if ET doesn't improve things quickly, the guy who fired Roy should go.

I am also a huge Danny Berrett fan and would hate to see him go, I guess Hamilton could hire him next year...

T said...

Hey Eric - Maybe Hamilton will hire him this week.