Friday, June 02, 2006

game on

OK, this is the post that many of you have been waiting for for weeks. A good (you be the judge) thoughtful (again, you be the judge) commentary on the 2006 CFL Season. Well to start with, since the league is back to 8 teams again (remember previous posts predicting problems with the Gleibermans), you would think that scheduling would be a lot easier. So why then do you suppose that every team plays both of their Pre-season games against the same team? Is the guy/computer who does the NHL schedule been hired by the CFL? I don't mind since my team is playing my home team in both their games, but I might like to see some Green and White or Green and Gold. Orange and black every game is too hard on my eyes.

And why is the season so early this year? Usually the season starts around Canada Day or a couple days before. It's not like there is an odd number of teams so you need to have bye weeks.

Here is my quick 2 bits about the Toronto NFL glitz. Toronto has always needed some NFL pizzazz to sell tickets. I hope it helps ticket sales. But, a running back is not going to make a difference to the Argos offence. This is the CFL remember. Unless you're Pinball or Gizmo and know how to run in the CFL, your US expertise means squat! Case in point - The "Rocket" Ishmeal sputtered and many so called NFL stars. Maybe he will understand the game by week 16. The CFL is also setting a bad precident in 2 ways. First, allowing a suspended player under contract to another league to play and secondly, allowing a one year contract without an option. This could allow for some future problems. BUT I hope it helps the Argos sell some tickets.

I am excited that I can now get QR77 on the ole sattelite. It is good to listen to some Calgary commentary on tonight's Stamps - Lions Clash. Although next week might be the last week I listen to radio (except for blackouts) since every game is televised this year. WOOHOO! Can't wait to see that pretty new turf at McMahon.

(UPDATE>>>> Stamps just score a TD ... Who is Anthony Bright? I might need to get to stampeders.com after this post)

R and I are at home enjoying enjoying the game... I just realized why he wouldn't go to bed - why didn't I think of it earlier? Who can go to bed in the middle of a Stamps game - even if it is pre-season.

So you want my prediction - nothing insightful yet, except that the Stamps will beat someone in the Grey Cup

So what am I missing from this post - I'm sure there is some important topic Eric wants me to cover, but I just can't think of it. Oh Yeah, GO STAMPS GO!

No comments: