Monday, October 24, 2005

it's been a loooooong time


It only took the Stampeders 2 quarters (they sure wern't there the first half) of football against the Roughriders to finally make the playoffs. The last time the Stamps even made the playoffs was in 2001. Watching the first half Sask was hitting on all cylinders and I didn't think we were going to win that one. Then Henry thought he'd finally quiet the Regina crowd. The 'Riders couldn't put a point on the board in the second half. Henry silenced the "BOOOris" chant, but that's beside the point. My boys have actually made the playoffs. Wooo Hooo!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Kind of funny that you describe it as your team not showing up for the first half of the game while I say that my team did not show up for the second half of the game.

Ouch that was a painful game to see (even if it was only clips - I couldn't sit still for it).

Eric said...

Hey, did you see the new highest paid player in the CFL, that guy who kicked a field goal at half time in the Argos/Ticats game? I wonder if he's going to try out in BC or any of the other teams?

T said...

I can't believe it! He was wide on all the shorter kicks and made the $1M from the 50. He's a soccer player and never touched a football before. I guess the practice time with the Argos the day before really helped.