Saturday, September 03, 2005

looking for rats and pathogens in Vancouver

So, Tuesday I start my final practicum with Vancouver Coastal Health. It will be a big learning curve in the navigation department. I'm not a huge fan of driving into downtown Vancouver, I usually avoid it at all cost. When I HAVE TO go downtown I usually try to take the Skytrain. See my problem is that I need two other people with me to get around Vancouver. I need a navigator and someone in front of me to push pedestrians out of the way. Living in Burnaby I prefer to travel east into Coquitlam, PoCo, New West, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge and even out to Abbotsford before I chose to actually drive into Vancouver. Luckily my time with the CFIA has allowed me to get to know Vancouver better than I did 4 months ago. Tuesday will be a much earlier start than my former 6 minute drive to the CFIA. I'm also looking forward to re-learning all of the Provincial legislation and trying to forget Canadian Legislation :( Hopefully I'll try not to sleep in on Tuesday like this guy. (Enjoy the news article about an Aussie air traffic controller)

1 comment:

Jerry Bowley said...

I'm happy to find out I'm not the only one who has a problem driving in Vancouver! I've gone there the last 2 summers in a row, naively thinking that, because I can get around Calgary blindfolded, I'd be able to manage any other city...

Wrong!

Anyway, good luck with the new job, T. And don't worru about sleeping in... If you're anything like me, you probably won't get a wink of sleep the night before anyway!