Sunday, July 24, 2005

the boys are back! (hopefully)

There were 2 sure bets in the CFL this weekend.
  1. Montreal would beat Winnipeg
  2. BC would beat Hamilton

Well, BC barely beat the Ti-Cats and Montreal left Winnipeg with their tail between their legs. The last one cost me a life in my CFL Sportsnet pool.

But the biggest shock of the weekend was the whuppin' the Stamps laid on the 'Riders!! It felt like the '90s again. I'm quite excited about Sandro DeAngelis; he hasn't missed a fieldgoal in his CFL career yet! So, are my boys for real? Can Henry put together two games in a row? Will the Roughriders recover from losing to the bottom of the barrel? Will Eric ever read here again?

1 comment:

Eric said...

It hurts to be playing this long without Nate. Boy those coaches in Calgary saw us coming and knew exactly what to do. I was beginning to think that despite the injuries Sask was becoming invunerable, but with Nate gone, and then Benefield that sure changes what you can do. Go from the best run defense to second worst (watch Montreal fail against the bombers to see the worst). We'll meet again and I think you'll find it will be a different story with a healthy d-line.