Thursday, February 10, 2005

OK, I'll admit I enjoyed Jean's Preformance

Those who know me, may fall over in shock after you hear what I am about to say.

I enjoyed Jean's testimony at the enquiry. I have never been know to say a positive word about our beloved (snicker, snicker) former Prime Minister. But, he put on a great show at the enquiry. The judge was trying to insinuate that making governmental golf balls is excessive spending, and is "small town" (what ever that means). Give me a break. As a head of state there are certain trinket type items that need to be purchased. In the '70s it was fancy pens or cigars, an appropriate trinket item for heads of states today is golfballs. In the last 20 years I have golfed maybe a dozen times (so I'm not an avid golfer), but I still think this is an appropriate expeniture.

If Jean was giving away free Canadian diamonds, beaver pelts or Candu reactors I think we would have a spending problem. But, it's golfballs people!

Maybe the enquirie's problem is that he didn't give away hockey pucks instead of golf balls, but with the state the NHL right now wouldn't you rather be associated with Mike Weir than Bob and Gary?

This may be the last time you hear me say something positive about Jean, so savor the moment. You never know though, maybe he's more paletable when he's not leading our country (if that's what he did).

1 comment:

Eric said...

His nickname has b een the teflon man, and he is showing it again with the way that he look righteous in this whole thing. I wonder how much of this as it slides off of him drips onto Paul?